Join our team!
The Velco team is looking to grow with new talent with a dynamic and passionate profile, sharing our values. Discover the testimonials of team members to better understand our philosophy.
Sense of challenge
Our job offers
Southern Europe Sales Manager – Full time, permanent
Who are we?
Velco designs connected and digital solutions for the e-bike industry.
Created in 2016, Velco’s ambition is to become the European leader in connected and digital solutions for e-bikes by 2024. Its vision is to transform mobility for sustainable development by encouraging the use of e-bikes through connectivity.
Its products and software are designed for the actors of the cycle industry, and allow e-bike brands and fleet managers to offer services to their clients, protect from theft, improve the safety of cyclists, and lengthen the lifespan of e-bikes.
Velco’s innovations have won prizes like Concours Lépine, the connected object trophy, and Las Vegas CES. Our team works every day to develop innovative urban mobility products.
What is this opportunity about?
As part of our international growth, we are looking for someone based in Spain to develop our business as a Regional Sales Manager for Southern Europe.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Generating business with new clients
- Providing long-term support to clients within the e-mobility industry
- Managing the whole sales cycle, acting as the main point of contact for Velco’s clients:
- Identifying key stakeholders in target client organisations, and getting in contact with them
- Identifying project opportunities and analysing client needs
- Carrying out feasibility analysis
- Drafting and presenting proposals
- Closing deals
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Managing accounts throughout projects, working alongside project managers to ensure:
- contract terms are followed
- clients get the value expected from the project
- new opportunities are generated
- Participating in building strategic partnerships, particularly with engine manufacturers
- Networking within relevant trade bodies, clusters, and other relevant organisations
- Carrying out competitor analysis
- Participating in relevant fairs
- Maintaining ongoing communication with Velco’s sales team and regularly report on sales.
Your skills and profile
- New business development experience, you’re familiar with NBD techniques and enjoy opening doors
- Experience selling to bike OEMs
- Experience doing business in the Southern Europe region (mostly Spain, Portugal and Italy)
- Very good level of English to engage with both clients and the Velco team
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the digital or IoT sector
- Experience doing business internationally
- Experience selling a relatively complex product, which requires a strong understanding of technical aspects, in order to best support clients
- This role will be based in Spain, ideally in Madrid, where Velco wants to open a new office
- You will be able to be based at home or to work from a WeWork-type office, depending on your preference
- There will be frequent travels to visit clients within the region and in other European countries
- You’ll visit the team in France (Nantes) once a month to keep in touch and work together in real life
- Contact : Laura Pisani-Ferry firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Coordinator DACH & Benelux￼
Who are we?
Created in 2016, Velco’s ambition is to become the European leader in connected solutions for e-bikes by 2024. Our vision is to transform mobility for sustainability by encouraging the use of e-bikes through connectivity. Our products and software are designed for the actors of the cycle industry and allowe-bike brands and fleet managers to offer services to their clients, protect from theft, improve cyclists’ safety, and lengthen ebikes’ lifespan.
Our innovations have won prizes like Concours Lépine, the connected object trophy, and CES Las Vegas. We work every day to develop innovative urban mobility products. Our team is made up of more than 35 people with a common motivation to take up ambitious challenges, to transform our mobility, and to take an active part in the evolutions of our world.
What is the role about?
Your responsibilities will be varied:
- Communication strategy
- Participating in drafting our international communication strategy, both online and offline: key messages and actions to implement in order to meet our objectives
- Building our DACH & Benelux communication strategy with our Communications Manager, taking regional market caracteristics and trends into account
- Reporting on actions implemented and analysing results
- Monitoring budget
- Press relations & media planning
- Identifying contacts and managing relationships with market media and journalists in Europe
- Writing press releases
- Managing media buying: media identification, contract negociation, content drafting, and follow up
- Digital communication
- Leveraging natural and pay-for traffic tools:
- Website content optimisation for SEO in English and German
- Marketing campaigns: Linkedin, Xing…
- Website webmastering (WordPress)
- Leveraging natural and pay-for traffic tools:
- Suggesting original and tactical content: videos, photos, articles, etc.
- Writing and translating content to and from German and English
- Creating briefs for print projects, understanding how print work operates
- Other important responsibilities
- Identifying and participating in the organisation of relevant fairs
- Participating in creating marketing material for the sales team: presentations, leaflets, etc. working closely with our DACH Sales Manager
- Monitoring market and communication trends
Your skill and profile
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience in a similar role in the DACH region, ideally in Germany: communication coordinator/officer, press relations, or in an agency.
- B2B experience. Knowledge of the bike/mobility sector and/or the tech environment would be a bonus
- Language skills:
- German: mothertongue or equivalent
- English: fluent, i.e. C1 equivalent
- French: would be a plus, but is not a must-have as our team speaks English
And this is the type of person we need:
- Organised, self-starter, reliable, versatile
- Strong writing skills in German and in English
- Good interpersonal skills and oral communication
- Resourceful and able to work solo
- Workplace: TBC depending on successful candidate, ideally in Germany. You could work from home or we could rent a WeWork-type office
- Contract start: ASAP
- Contact : Laura Pisani-Ferry, email@example.com
By joining Velco, I was able to discover the world of bicycles and connected bikes. Its objective is to make the practice of the EAB (Electrically Assisted Bicycle) simpler, safer and more accessible, and thus to democratize soft mobility. I was able to develop the embedded software of the IoT within motivated and welded teams. I also started to ride my bike for my daily commute.»
Nicolas CAYOUX, Embedded Software Developer
As a Product Manager, I am delighted to develop solutions that contribute to the development of soft mobility. The prospect of participating in the ecomobility revolution and supporting a sustainable economy gives meaning to my work. What could be more motivating than to innovate surrounded by committed, supportive and caring teams? On a personal level, Velco has allowed me to rediscover cycling and the pleasure it brings!»
Charlotte DEROME, Product Manager