Velco is helping OEMs, e-bike brands and manufacturers turn connectivity into a competitive advantage. Innovate with the connected e-bike to improve the cycling experience, boost sales & margins and develop new business models. Beyond a complete solution against bike theft, data will allow you to ease maintenance operations, measure your impact and take the right decisions for the management of your business.
Improve cycling experience
Solve e-bike theft issues
Outpace competitors with innovative services
Integration of an IoT device to connect electric bikes
Mobile application for cyclists, with your brand colors
Cyclist management tool to improve customer service, create a link with cyclists and adapt your product offer to their uses
01. The integration of the IoT tracker in electric bikes
Each manufacturer creates unique bikes, bearing the hallmark of their expertise. Velco’s IoT products enable you to combine performance, integration and tracking to get to know your customers better and offer them tailored services. Mobitrax is a compact (S version) or ultra-compact (XS version) box, and our IoT products for electric bikes can be integrated in a variety of ways to suit all bikes.
Official IoT partner of Shimano, Velco’s connected products are also compatible with a dozen or so well-known motor manufacturers on the cycle market (Valeo, Ananda, Bafang, Motinova, Oli, Yamaha, etc.).
02. Mobile application to offer connected bike services to riders
Velco Rider: the intuitive white label mobile app for your customers
The application allows you to create a direct link with your cyclists in order to put the brand back at the heart of the experience and build customer loyalty. The rider signs up for a subscription and benefits from services to improve his cycling experience:
- Locking/unlocking the bike
- Suspicious movement notifications
- Automatic Sound alarm
- Remote Power shutdown
- Real-time bike geolocation
- Maintenance advices, notifications and reminders
- Real-time information: battery life, position…
- Statistics: km traveled, average speed…
- Trip History
03. Velco Business Insight, the connected platform for e-bike brands
CRM tool for bike brands: create a relationship with your riders!
- Bike data, theft and maintenance information
- Management of subscriptions to connected services
- Automated notifications to create a link with your cyclists (maintenance, additional sales, challenges…)
- Information on cyclists (gender, age) and their usage for better tactical marketing actions (relationship marketing, upselling, after-sales service…)
- Data on your bicycles and their uses (battery, kilometers traveled, duration of use…) to feed your product development thinking (performance, reliability, innovation)
Velco connects Gaya electric bikes
Here’s a look at the benefits of connectivity for electric bike brands, as seen through the eyes of Amélie Guicheney and Jacques Bonneville, co-founders of the Gaya brand.
A genuine anti-theft solution (- 2% of bikes stolen and + 50% of bikes recovered), connectivity also enables the brand to :
- Improving the cycling experience
- Facilitating maintenance
- Thinking about the bike’s second life
- Develop new services based on usage
- Measuring impact
Velco advises you and accompanies you from the definition of your needs to the delivery and training of the solution.
You have questions or want to test the solution in real conditions or directly on your bikes?
Contact Johnny, Velco OEM Solution Manager: